Everyone had their first day of school yesterday.
Kaybree started 9th grade. since Eastmark is 7-12 grade, this transition hasn't been too scary for Kaybree. She has already been at the school for two years and I think she's excited to have Eisley there with her. to be honest, she wanted to switch to a different school this year to have more choices for electives, but she agreed to stay at Eastmark because that's where Eisley wanted to go. However, Kaybree had a small meltdown the night before school because I did not buy the right notebooks. She insisted she needed a composition notebook for every class and she only wanted notebooks with a solid colored cover and it needed to be a different color for each class. The 12 I ordered that had the typical composition notebook style and only came in 3 colors would not suffice. She ended up ordering her own from Amazon the night before. She survived.
Eisley was very anxious about the first day but she soon discovered she had friends in almost every class and of course made a few more as well. She did cry five times on her first day, mostly when she felt lost. She too survived and was able to laugh about it by the end of the day. She's excited to try out for volleyball soon.
Aspen was the most excited for school. All summer long we debated which school Aspen should go to. There's a new neighborhood school just down the street, but the school she attended last year is right by Amy's house and it's where Tucker goes. Just when I thought we would stick with the same school, Aspen told me she had enough friends at Silvery Valley and now she wanted to make more friends at the new school. We switched her over and she was so excited for the first day. She made a friend (but can't remember her name) and even took the bus home with no problems. I was planning to pick her up from school today but she asked if she could take the bus home again. I wish I were as brave as her!
Comments
Post a Comment