Skip to main content

New York Day Two

We started the day heading to the Statue of Liberty. We had to stick to public transportation so we hopped on the light rail. It dropped us off just over a mile from the ferry and then we started walking. It was clear right away the girls were going to struggle but we had no choice. We had to walk. And walk. And walk. Eventually we made it to the ferry and we were able to board right away. We didn’t stop to look around at Ellis Island. The girls were already tired. I couldn’t push it and I knew the Statue of Liberty would be more interesting for them so we went straight there.
The Statue of Liberty was beautiful. We took lots of pictures and ate lunch on the grass.
The wind started kicking up as we boarded the ferry to New York to meet up with Brodie, Jonathan, barb, Richard and Lexis. By the time we reached the city it started raining. We hopped on the subway and found our way to Central Park but we had no umbrellas and no cash and we had to sit and wait in the rain. The girls were exhausted and miserable. Kaybree cried. We were relieved when we finally found our family. Brodie bought us some umbrellas and we all jumped on a bus to the MET.
Honestly, I was so busy responding to whining I did not enjoy the MET. As soon as it closed we got some dinner and I got some cash.

We started with a good attitude!




































Pretty tired by this point




Definitely tired by this point.












The 9/11 memorial was amazing to see!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...