Skip to main content

What it's like having teenage girls

 I went to lunch with Brendon and some of his coworkers yesterday and one asked me how I'm handling it, having teenage girls and I just smiled. I LOVE having teenage girls! They are so fun! 

Want to go shopping? Always.

Want to get a soda? Of course.

Want to tell me about your day? Tell me!

I had a flashback to earlier this week. Eisley had started getting texts from this boy from school. She didn't really know him but she had heard from some friends that he had a crush on her, so she was being polite. He asked to sit with her at lunch and she said sure. It really wasn't a big deal to her, because she didn't have any interest in him. Then another friend texted her and said she had to share a conversation she was having with this boy. She sent over 80 screenshots of her conversations with this boy, for Eisley to read. Eisley and I sat with the phone together, reading through and making fun of his terrible, terrible grammar. He used the wrong version of right (write), knows/know (nose and now), to (too) and so many more.

The gist of the conversation was this boy telling Eisley's friend that he had a crush on her, then when she did not return the feelings he asked for pictures of her friends. In between he bragged about his daily routine which included going on morning runs with his brother and practicing guitar for hours. Then she brought up Eisley and he tried to avoid the topic for a long time and finally said he had lost a bet to his cousin and Eisley was picked out randomly for him to "date". Eisley never had any intention of dating this boy.

We laughed and laughed as we thought up the perfect response to text him, letting him know he'd been caught and his behavior was despicable. I took the opportunity to remind my girls we do NOT send pictures of anyone to boys and all the other red flags this kid was showing. 

I love this stage. When my girls come home and want to tell me everything that happened, who they do have crushes on and what their plans are. Kaybree and Eisley are so different and both are so fun. I love to see them share and bond with each other. They are so different yet a love for lip gloss, make up, cute clothes and boys brings them together. Can't wait for Aspen to get to experience it someday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...