Written sept 4, 2026
Still feeling good! Like surprisingly good. Like why was I so scared? Actually, to be honest I’m scared about money. I know how much we paid for the first surgery, now we still have to get through reconstruction and I have no idea how much it’s going to cost and that is absolutely terrifying. So that’s my big fear.
But healthwise, I’m doing good. My doctor called yesterday and said there was no cancer in anything she removed. Is it weird that I wish there had been? Just so I could feel justified for having this surgery.
I’m currently trying to balance letting myself heal with not going insane. I don’t want to sit around all day but I don’t know how much exercise is too much. I can’t lift anything, but I can walk.
The expanders are crazy uncomfortable. It is 2026 and this is the best design we could come up with? They are hard plastic, with hard edges that poke into my skin and my armpit and hurt! I can’t wait for them to start to get filled just to soften them a little bit.
Comments
Post a Comment