Skip to main content

Eisley’s baptism

Eisley got baptized yesterday. 

She asked Brittany and David to give the talks because she loves them the most. Both did an excellent job and bawled through it. David did mention during his talk he would NOT have given a talk if it had been anyone else asking him.

When it was time to go into the water Eisley froze at the top of the stairs and cried, saying she did not want to do it. Eventually she got brave and walked into the water. The heater was broken so the water was cold but she made it through!

Later she said she was scared because she didn’t want to have everyone watching her. A part of me wonders if she was afraid of the commitment. 

Everyone treats baptism as a big deal. Like it means you can never make a mistake again or you’ll be doomed. That’s a lot of pressure. I want my kids to know it’s the opposite. Baptism is a reminder that we all make mistakes. That’s why Heavenly Father provided a way to remind us to be better next time. To change our hearts and our minds. 

Baptism is part of our progression. Just like repentance is each week. We don’t break our promise when we sin. We just make mistakes. We all make mistakes. It’s OK to make mistakes. No matter our mistakes, we are loved. 

Eisley, I love you like crazy. You are so loyal and always want the best for those around you. You are slow to complain and quick to find solutions to problems. You are an excellent friend. Please please never forget what a unique spirit you bring to the world. I love being your mom! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Gm-WLfn9jGqzT-JvLUH5CP7YIeGT_oaPhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=10NUi7wLyhv_YNKIUSW1anD5ltVDTO5QFhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=14wWjMRoFLU6fDOLhp9h-cq5N6HGcbk3khttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1eyjgHlkDlm3xd8urhY-VLNMK6trOYHB7https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1uHnolxy-kkC53k8_JPxNRF-5kw4Dyt62https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-icmWkYQXwSe6yy1bpAAHorSvc7Ru9byhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1EhKscIUUXs1n9Gkd7h-ymBZLger1_5gNhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1BCcOM7lhmtWTwPIUGBYmG53zIrXwSiiahttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1XLgusjXigYYw0CMt697eTAB0HRWtqNMx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...