Skip to main content

Naughty girl

Last night I put the girls to bed at about 8 p.m. like normal. And just like every night Eisley didn't feel like going to bed.

I did my best to ignore her and went to spend time with J (Brendon was at the Suns game.) We played with nerf guns for about an hour and the entire time I could hear Eisley running into my room and back out. The master bathroom is directly above the kitchen. Eisley apparently doesn't know this.

But alas, she was quiet and we were having fun so I decided to let her play herself to sleep.

At about 10 p.m. I head up to bed. I go to close the door to the girls' room and discover--Eisley has picked out some clothes for tomorrow. My clothes. All her favorites, stolen from my closet and placed on the floor in her room.

I shake my head and laugh, pick up my clothes and close the door to their room. I go to my room and get all ready for bed. I didn't turn on the light because I could see just fine from the light in the bathroom. Both dogs followed me upstairs and were laying on my bed where I could see them.

I said my prayers and began to slide into bed--when I felt a large lump in my spot. I was a little freaked out because it felt distinctly human (no fur and my dogs were where I could see them) and all my children were in bed. I walked over and turned on the light only to find--Eisley. Curled up in my bed and completely covered by my blanket so I wouldn't be able to spot her.

She woke up when I turned on the light and sheepishly told me she just wanted to snuggle with me. You can't turn that down. We snuggled for about five minutes and then I took her to her own bed.

I love that snuggly, naughty little girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...