Skip to main content

Happy 10th birthday Kaybree

Today is Kaybree’s birthday! And we have not seen her yet 😬
This year’s husband and wife training for seminary teachers was held in Flagstaff and Brendon and I have been away, studying and learning and growing together. Unfortunately that means we’ve been away from our girls and Kaybree was not happy that we would not be home. We’ll make it up to her in a couple hours when we surprise her with her new puppy. 
But for now we are driving and we have plenty of time to reminisce about the day ten years ago that we became parents and the beautiful girl we have in our family today. 

Kaybree, you are one of my best friends. I feel like I could hang out with you any time and tell you anything. I love sharing with you and I love how interested you are in me and what I’m up to. I love how kind you are to those around you (although could you be a smidge nicer to your sisters please?!) I love that you love to learn and create. I love that you love to make a space yours. We just redid your room together and it was a blast to pick out paint with you and clean and organize. 

You are just beautiful inside and out. You’ve been looking forward to this birthday (and talking about it nonstop) for months. I hope it’s all you dreamed of!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qiXQBe8DTmoBzYinV1Sb5mduOe9fdVKAhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1hdswfmq2yBCrJ4J2FxXyyEDu2LYMINDehttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1LfymK1LG7iWcxLXgYLAE3VWKSKbVZkejhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1bhigSC9qxpFp0BBzJCSBdE_lf8QqhxC4https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZY78dZLG4FZ1mushGjTyKcCH25ESPB-Shttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1QLZZ6TDQNNJrk83Sc4vLZ8Kq1715X_xIhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1tq-Hb3SVpFwn0MZZMhOR3qwZaUNImiOahttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1yTnC-zcCaMt-tGTg4LRgMfWgPju-pbmbhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1spXWXs1YAsmcIdHy9BSlKNbCaAR-o34Dhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=171aPMHNsQOhO4kjdd-b0dMhw9i2yKV1Z

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...