Skip to main content

8

Kaybree is 8!

Why does time go by so quickly? Even Kaybree thinks it went by too fast.

Kaybree, you are amazing. You are a natural caretaker to your sisters. They don't always appreciate it but I do. You know just what to do to make Aspen laugh and you have no problem carrying her around. You never complain when she steals your snacks or makes a mess of whatever you were playing with. Just this morning I was sitting outside with Aspen and you came out with a piece of fruit leather you were eating for breakfast. As soon as Aspen saw you she got a huge grin and reached her hand out for your food and without a word, you gave it to her.

You love dressing up and doing your hair. You've been letting it grow out for almost a year now and it's half way down your back, bright blonde and carefully brushed every day by you.

Your room is spotless 90% of the time, with the exception of when you let Eisley or Aspen play in there and then you stay up all night cleaning it.

You ae still a natural rule follower. You do what you are supposed to because you know you are supposed to. That's not to say you don't stand up for yourself. Maybe it's because you always follow the rules that you're quick to point out when someone else isn't and you boss your sisters right back into line! You also have attitude. Oh man--do you have attitude. The hormones on you, girl!

I can't remember if I already shared this story: The best example of your attitude was a few weeks ago. It was Saturday and me and Eisley were cleaning the bathroom. I called you to help and when you came in you asked if you could play with cousins that day. I told you I don't know, I'll ask later.

That was NOT a good enough answer for you. So you helped only for a second, then stormed off to your room. I called you back to help again and you refused so I was forced to say no to playing with cousins. That sent you storming off to your room again, this time crying. I think you felt bad about your bad attitude.

A few minutes later you opened your door and posted a sign outside that read "Everyone hates me, I know."

This has happened a few other times. Other signs have read "Don't come in, I'm sad!" and things like that.

I sense a lot of drama in your future. But regardless, you're still beautiful and amazing and we are BEYOND blessed to have you as our daughter! I love you!




You are always trying to snuggle with Aspen. Sometimes she lets you.

I randomly find selfies of yours on my Google account.



We held a birthday party for you at Brodie and Johnathan's house. From l to r: Valentina, Taycee, Tess, Charlotte, Kaybree, Bailey, Camilla, Eisley




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...