Skip to main content

Pictures I love

Christmas jammies!
This little girl could eat all day every day. She is happy as a clam with a cookie in her hand.

How can you say no to that little face?

This is Kaybree's latest trick to get some snuggle time with Aspen. She does spider on the swing with her. Aspen loves it! Once she gets past the giggles and giant smiles she snuggles right in.

I tried to get her to untuck the shirt. 




We were not allowed to visit Kaybree and Eisley before or after their MCO choir performance so I made everyone take pictures that I could share with Kaybree later.



Kaybree and Eisley did awesome in their MCO Christmas concert! Kaybree kept her eyes on the conductor the entire time during the first two songs but the next time she came out there was no conductor to watch. She did even better without one--when she was just singing what she knew! 

Eisley saw Stetson and Stryker in the front row and watched them the entire time! There was one moment when Eisley was so focused on her cousins she didn't notice everyone else was doing a different hand motion (during a prelude). When someone tried to correct her we saw a flash of her attitude which was fun to see. She knew all the words though and did a great job! 

Kaybree said after the concert she couldn't stop smiling! She LOVED having all her family in the audience watching her.

Aspen is the easiest baby to put down to sleep at night. She snuggles right in to her blankets and it is the cutest thing ever.

I didn't drop the girls off for their concert Friday so I missed getting a photo of Eisley! I'm really mad about it! I got to see Kaybree for a few minutes when I dropped off her dinner but I wasn't even allowed to say hi to Eisley!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...