Skip to main content
Brendon and I went on a cruise! It was short and sweet down to Mexico and being on the ship was like being in Vegas. Lots of drinking and partying and shows but overall it was nice. It was nice to be there together.

It was a celebration for our 10th wedding anniversary which we didn't really celebrate because we had just had Aspen. But I want to take a moment and acknowledge that I have the best husband ever.

Brendon, you are a perfect team mate. You're always there to help with the kids, or cooking or cleaning. (We all know you're better at cleaning than I am) You balance me out when I'm a little out of my mind and busier than I need to be. You support me in everything I want to do--even when you don't really want to do it.

But more than all of that I just enjoy spending time with you. I think it's because I can feel how much you love me and support me. I always feel like you're looking out for me and doing all you can to keep me happy. That's not easy to do to. I think there have been a few times lately when you've done everything right and I'm STILL unhappy. I'm sorry for those moments.

You are so caring. I know I've dragged you along for this whole fostering thing but the way you have responded has been amazing. I know how much you love J and all our kids. I know they mean the world to you. I know how badly you desire to be there for them and how amazing you are at doing that when it's called for. You're the best at wiping away tears in the middle of the night--kid tears and my tears.

You're also so smart. I'm a better teacher because of what I learn from you. I'm a better person because of the lessons you've taught me and the deep conversations we are able to have.

I'm so blessed to have you as my eternal partner. Thank you for all you do!

(As a side note, I know you hate stuff like this when I should just TELL you but the purpose of this blog is for our kids to look back at one day and know exactly how I feel so I want them to know how I feel about you!)


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...