Skip to main content

Two months

I am two months away from having a baby. Two months. And in those two months I'm concentrating on holidays and family and I think it's going to fly by. It's so crazy to think about.

I had my final ultrasound last week. The baby is over 2 pounds right now and the Dr expects her to be right around 8 lbs when she arrives. She's measuring right on track and looking very healthy. When I feel her move she takes up all the space. How can someone so small take up so much space?

I don't complain about her movements though. She doesn't move a ton. She's not like Kaybree who bruised my ribs from kicking so much. I suppose there's still time for that. She still just has small movements and never for very long. I wonder if that says something about her future personality. Is this a super chill baby?

We changed her name. I was hearing Avery way too much--it's too popular. So we're going with the name I originally wanted more than Avery which is Aspen. We also decided to change the middle name and go with Rene, which is Brendon's grandma's middle name. Aspen Rene. I love it!

I still don't have a nursery set up and I don't have any clothes for her either. I've got maybe 5 outfits. I've got a good supply of diapers started. I keep looking at new baby clothes and almost making the purchase and then remembering she's coming right after Christmas and my co-workers are planning on throwing me a shower and so then I just tell myself to wait. Waiting is hard but I'm just not wanting too much stuff. I want to keep it minimal. I want her to have just what I want her to have and nothing more.

I think because I think and hope that these final months will fly by, they just might not. I'm enjoying feeling the little kicks and having this constant reminder of life inside me but I don't enjoy sleeping (or not sleeping) or trying to find clothes I can feel good in (there are none.) I also don't enjoy the comments from everyone. They're all the same. Lots of "You're so cute!" when I know this is not me at my cutest. I know it's not my worst either, obviously there's a reason I've gained 25 pounds, but I'm not a fan of the constant reminder. And the constant "How are you feeling?" Honestly I feel pretty much the same that I did yesterday and 6 months ago. I'm not sick. I'm a little short of breath. I'm not sleeping real well. But I have nothing to complain about and that constant question makes me feel like I need to come up with something!

Overall I'm excited. I can't wait to meet you, Aspen Rene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...