Skip to main content

I think we should have a baby

Eisley was a surprise. We're not shy about that. I was on birth control and Kaybree had just turned 1 when I found out I was pregnant with #2. I'd only had one period in between. Brendon couldn't wrap his mind around it for the entire pregnancy. We had to move and when we did we had nothing set up. Didn't help that she came 2.5 weeks early.

After Eisley we felt like maybe there was one more waiting for us--but not yet. I was still young. We had time. Maybe we'd have another later.

And then years passed. Brendon swore off having more children. We decided to foster. We moved. I got rid of every baby item I owned. We proclaimed that we were done...

And then I started getting baby hungry. I shook off the feelings ok but kept it in the back of my mind. And then Brendon told me he had gotten this feeling that we might want one more baby. And then about a week later he turned to me during sacrament meeting and said "I think we should have a baby."

That was just after Christmas. I stopped taking my birth control. We told J. We went to Six Flags so I could get my final thrills in and the entire time we talked baby names and things we wanted to do differently.

On Wednesday I found out I'm pregnant. That's right, 4 weeks after I stopped taking birth control I find out I'm pregnant. I don't mean to brag but my body is pretty incredible.

Actually I'm a little nervous about bragging because I don't think I have any friends left who've not had a miscarriage or trouble conceiving in the first place. But I'm excited. And Brendon is excited.

He's so excited he has already told everyone. He told the girls and they no longer talk to me, they only talk to the baby. J thinks if it's a girl he gets to name it (yeah right!) My due date is Oct. 3 but because both girls were early I imagine this baby will come in September.

Ever since I found out I'm pregnant I've been seeing girls ask on Facebook how they can convince their husband to want another baby. It kind of makes me smile. I thought we were done. We told each other we were done. Suddenly we are not done. Now that Brendon is excited it makes me even more excited. I can't wait for this little baby (and we are assuming it's a boy because--it has to be!) to arrive. I can't wait to feel my body expand. I can't wait to experience this with Brendon, Kaybree, Eisley and J all cheering it on. We love you already baby #3.5!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...