Skip to main content

Misbehavin

I think the funniest stories of your childhoods will be those stories of you all misbehaving. So let's recall a few from recent days:

Last night I put Eisley and Kaybree in the bath, set out the nearly-full shampoo and conditioner bottles (because Kaybree likes to do her own) and I sat just outside the bathroom in my bedroom to read while you girls played. I came back in about 10 minutes later to find the bath water pink and Kaybree holding a completely empty shampoo bottle. That's right, the two of you had such a grand time you emptied not just one bottle but BOTH! I tried to rinse you off and couldn't because every time I dumped water in your hair I just dumped more soap on you. I had to completely empty the tub, rinse it out, and then use fresh water from the faucet to rinse you.
I was so mad and you were both so distraught that I was so mad. Kaybree kept asking if there would be a consequence. I told her the consequence was that I was mad. You both kept saying sorry over and over. Truth was I also put you both to bed an hour early so that was a consequence... It's dark at 6 right now so I didn't tell you it was 7 instead of 8. Let's be honest, you deserved it.

Today Amy text me and said she took Eisley and Tess to a park to play. Eisley spotted a Hispanic man working on the sprinklers and decides to bust out "Despacito" loudly and repeatedly so he could hear. She said he had a good laugh about it.
Apparently "Despacito" is the only word from the song you know. Also, Tess joined in and eventually it morphed to "hot cheeto." #white girls.

J is also a trouble maker. We actually have pretty regular discussions about behavior issues at school. It's never fighting, flipping people off or swearing, you know, normal "bad" behavior. It's usually causing a scene when you come into a classroom, refusing to turn in work (or do work) and laying on desks. Stuff you might expect from a child much younger... just saying...
But the trouble with one teacher reached a boiling point last week when she asked you to put away the tablet and your response was "Calm your ta tas." For the record, that's actually something you say pretty often, to be funny. This teacher didn't find it funny. Because you've been given every other punishment the school can give out you were given out of school suspension. For telling a teacher to "calm her ta tas."  You no longer have that teacher...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...