Skip to main content

First day of dance

Kaybree,
You've been asking for months to go to dance class. Ever since Violet started dance you've been dying to go. You dance all the time. You're always performing. I told you you would go when you get bigger so you've been telling everyone you're going to get big and go to school and dance.

Well yesterday we had your first dance class--and it sucked. Shaunelle was confused about when I would be picking you up so you missed your nap. When we got to the class you were fine and excited but when you had to spend the first few minutes sitting and listening you grew anxious. After a few minutes you stood up, ran to me, and refused to leave my side.

I held you at the back of the class for a while and we watched the other girls start their stretches. Eventually we moved outside because I didn't want to make the other moms mad (no parents are allowed in the class). Then you started telling me you didn't feel well and you laid down in my lap. I'm pretty sure you would have fallen asleep right there so I decided we could go. You were way too tired to follow directions and play with strangers.

I'm crossing my fingers and really hoping next week will go better! I want you to love dance class!

Now I'm worried about you starting school in the fall! You've started wetting the bed a lot so we're working through that and the accidents during the day haven't stopped either. Let's grow out of this phase!

But you do know your ABC's--at least you think you do. Here's how you sing the ABCs:

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, Kaybree, Lelelello, P. Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z. Now I know my ABCs, next time won't you sing with me!

It's adorable that you've stuck your name in there but you refuse to learn the actual alphabet! Oh well!

Eisley,

You're also trouble. You're still not walking. I KNOW you can but you refuse. Any time I think you're going to finally stand on your own, you sit down. On purpose. You've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I don't think he'll be happy that you are not walking! Gotta grow up a little bit baby girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...