Skip to main content

Kaybree's birthday!

Happy birthday Kaybree!







We opted for no big family party this year but we still made the day special. I took the day off work and we went to Makutus Island, a big indoor play place in Chandler. I had never been before but I invited Melissa and Brekken to come with us to check it out.

A lot of the structures were built for bigger kids and there were a LOT of bigger kids there (summer camp) so you were overwhelmed at first. In fact you refused to even try to go on most structures and you screamed and cried as I carried you through the maze. I thought for sure once we had been through the whole thing you'd realize it wasn't scary--but just like everything else, if you don't want to do it--you don't do it.

We settled for the toddler play area filled with some blocks and little baby slides until you got comfortable. Eventually Brekken and Melissa discovered a back entrance to one of the big slides that was just a bunch of stairs and once you ran up those one time you were in love and we were able to play for hours! You loved it!

We got some pizza on the way home and said good bye to Brekken and Melissa.

I tried for hours to get you to take a nap but you never did. When Daddy got home it was his turn to take you out. While I stayed home and made cupcakes and wrapped the presents I bought for you from the dollar store your dad took you to the movies, dinner and Toys R Us to buy the Elsa doll you are now in love with.

When you got home we opened presents and ate cupcakes and called it a day!

You are getting so big! I love how excited you get about simple things--but you never do ANYTHING unless YOU decide you want to do it. You are so smart and silly. You are so loving to your baby sister and you're a perfect little mommy to all your baby dolls. Dolls continue to be your favorite toy and if I enter your room after you've been playing for a few hours I'll find every doll and stuffed animal you own neatly tucked into "bed" all over your room.

We also started dance classes--but so far you have not danced. You fell asleep in my lap during your first class so we left early. This week you sat in the back of the class and watched but never got up and danced. Some day you'll decide you want to do it! I hope!

I love you baby girl!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...