Skip to main content

Little Eisley

Eisley, you just know how to melt hearts. You are everyone's favorite hugger.
People you absolutely love to hug:
Grandma Duck
Shaunelle
Brittany
Lexis
Grandma Bonnie
Grandma Vance
Amy

Any time you see these people you let out a scream and try to get to them ASAP and then collapse on them in the sweetest little snuggle. It's so freaking cute!

I blame your snuggles for the fact that you are still not walking. Grandma Duck is quick to point out other kids also give good hugs and are still able to walk but seriously--no one hugs like you. Your hugs do not end. You are completely content just sitting and snuggling in someone's lap if that someone is one of the people listed above.

I really am doing all I can to get you to walk. I borrowed a walking toy from Katie but you scream whenever I put you on it (though you HAVE walked with it so physically it's not an issue). I make you stand up every time you come to me and I'm always trying to get you to walk along furniture. You're doing much better than you were a month ago, you're up and down all the time now, but still not interested in balancing on your own. You have this fear of falling on your bum. You're driving me nuts!

You're copying our talking a little more and every time you talk it just makes me laugh because you get the most excited smile on your face. You copy people when they say things like "Stop!" or "Let's go!" or make random noises. You still don't really say no but you say "Uh uh!" instead. It's really funny. You mostly say "Uh uh" when people are asking for kisses or to hold you. You're not afraid to say "Uh uh!" when you don't want to go.

You're getting better at communicating your wants but it's mostly in the form of screams. It's driving Daddy nuts but your screams are kind of helpful for me to figure out what you need. Must be hard for you to get what you want--since you won't stand up and walk for it!

Now that Kaybree is being such a punk so often I'm really enjoying having a baby around. You are always happy to see me and so smily. I love it! Thanks for being my sweet little girl! Now walk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...