Skip to main content

Eisley is 9!

My sweet Eisley girl turned 9 this year! Here are a few things you should know about Eisley:

Eisley’s favorite animal: Puppy
Favorite color: Teal
Favorite food: Spaghetti

Eisley recently started musical theater and she is loving it! 

Eisley is one of a kind. She does not have the attitude that Kaybree has. She just loves to have fun and will always choose the path that leads to the most fun. Often, she gets carried away in that pursuit. She’s not great at chores or homework—no time. Gotta have fun. In fact she will do anything to avoid the boring stuff so she can make time for more fun. 

A couple examples of this:
Earlier this week she popped some popcorn and before she poured it into a container, she put paper towels down in the container. This way, when she is done with her popcorn she can dump the whole thing in the trash can and avoid doing any dishes.
Last Saturday Kaybree, Lola and Eisley decided to have a lemonade sale. Something in the air didn’t agree with Eisley and one of her eyes began to get red and swollen. I gave her an allergy pill and told her to lay down with a wet paper towel over her eye to let it rest but she REFUSED! Lying down would have made her miss out on all the fun! Instead she just put her hair over her eye so she wouldn’t scare off customers and kept working!

I love that Eisley is so creative and also has the ability to see the good in any situation. When everyone is grumpy, she is often the one finding something to laugh at or some way to make other people happy. 

Eisley is also sometimes difficult to read. She is so good at uplifting others that I often worry she is not getting what she needs to be happy. I sometimes fear that she feels forgotten. She doesn’t talk about her thoughts and feelings the way that kaybree does. 

It’s during those rare moments that I learn Eisley hates how big her eyes are (crazy girl—your amazing blue eyes are your best feature!) or how insecure she is because she weighs more than Kaybree (everyone’s body is different!) But Eisley Pie, I hope you never forget how amazing you are. How loved you are. How special you are. I love you so much! Happy birthday!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1j4U0feKsVZC_364foQsMe3DBh5E4s8nUhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=19nFNi7NDRjPEkhmnl_VJ0HO5o-_m2bd4https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1XEzL_5iShjjtXszWQcJiG_d26xuC6gPI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...