Skip to main content

Life changes

I've been at my new job for about a month now. It's a big leap from what I was doing but it's exactly the opportunity I was looking for. I'm so happy my new boss, Nancy, took a leap of faith and hired me. She said she could just tell how bad I wanted it. I did. I wanted it REAL bad.

While I'm SUPER excited about my new position there is some bad news. My commute is an hour long, my office has no windows and I work 9-5:30 so this time of year I get home after dark. I basically get home in time to put Eisley to bed.

It's an adjustment for everyone. The good news is you girls are finally starting to love your dad. Now that you spend regular time with him it turns out he's not such a bad guy! Some day he's going to read this and say "You didn't have to put that in there!" but it's true. You girls have been nothin but mean to him but lately you're loving your daddy time. I love when you love him!

In other news Eisley is talking a lot. She copies everything everyone else says which is just so cute. Down to the "Go Suns!" whenever the game is on.

Kaybree has taken up story telling. It's always interesting to me to try and decipher where the story is coming from. Sometimes it's about something that happened months ago. Sometimes it happened on TV. Most of the time it makes no sense at all. But I love that you're finally voicing what you're thinking.

I am constantly struck by how beautiful you two are and how much I love you. Kaybree, you are the precious little blonde princess I always imagined having. You're so sweet and innocent and funny.
Eisley, you are the best friend everyone needs. You're constantly entertaining, your smile is full of mischief and you give the very best hugs and kisses. I love you so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...