Skip to main content

So different

The older you get the more your different personalities are coming out. It's so fun!

Kaybree has always wanted to be just like all the big girls she sees. You want to do what everyone else does and you fit right in! You go with the flow very well but you do your best to lead--while following. I know that doesn't make a ton of sense but basically you're the leader of the crowd. You follow everyone else but you don't let anyone step on you. You know you're the cutest thing around and you flaunt it a little bit. You pretend to be shy (because that's the cool thing to do) but you're excited to tell everyone all about your boo boos or the puppies you saw at the mall or anything else going on in your life.

This week you started preschool and you were so excited. As soon as we got there you followed Teagan right inside, waving and calling goodbye to me as you went. No hesitation. You know what to do and you do it. You're attending Montessori House in Lehi for preschool. It's a very cute school and we are SO grateful that we get it for free!


Some funny things you say:
Boobs/bras are hippos. I think you're thinking nipples sounds like hippos maybe. Hiccups are makeup so you tell me you got "makeups" today!
The other day we told you, as we usually do, that you had a choice of taking a nap or playing quietly in your room. You came to me and said "Mommy, you have two choices. You play with me or you take a nap." I chose the nap.


Eisley, you follow your own beat. You just naturally know what's funny and you do it. You don't really do it for anyone else. You love when people laugh with you but you'll laugh on your own if you have to. Now that you're FINALLY walking you're a little more adventurous. You still love to be held by me at home but outside you're off and running. You love animals and so if there's an animal near by you're right up in its face saying hi and patting it on the head. So cute!

You make me laugh all the time. You seem hesitant about most men and any time a man asks you a question the response is "No!" but if a woman asks you, you'll answer honestly. Your favorite people right now are me, Brittany (Beenee) and Amy (you say her name crystal clear!) Brittany may have us all beat. The other day she dropped you off to me at your doctor's appointment. We said good bye in the parking lot and we went inside. You got a shot at the check up so you were still upset as we walked out. As soon as we stepped outside you pointed to the parking lot and said "Beenee" all whimpery like all you wanted was to see Brittany. She loves how much you love her!

We finally went camping this summer! That was fun. We only went for one night and we didn't arrive until sunset so it was a VERY short trip but it was fun. We went with Melissa, Kyle and Brekken Couch. Eisley slept maybe an hour. You wanted to play ALLLLLLLL night. It was exhausting. And funny. Here are the photos:






































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...