Skip to main content

Latest Kaybree communicating

Kaybree, you speak full sentences now, you communicate great, but there are still funny things you say. Watermelon is "memmade." Like lemonade. I have no idea why or where that came from.

You've also begun saying "What da heck?" all the time. It cracks me up.

"I can't." is another new thing. I didn't want you to learn that one (cause come on, you CAN do anything. Pretty sure you picked it up from other kids you're around) but the way you say it is just so cute. I took you to McDonalds and you climbed to the top of the play place but refused to go down the slide. You came back down and said "Mom, I can't." I went up with you and you did it--no problem. We've also been transitioning you to a toddler bed because you started climbing out of your bed and refusing to stay and a couple times when you climbed out of the crib you'd come to the door and say "Mom, I can't sleep." You say it so exasperated it just melts my heart. It's freaking adorable!

You ask to call people on the phone all the time. You always want to call Grandma, Brittany, David and Lexis. You also love to talk to Brekken. Once we call of course you hardly say a word. Sometimes you narrate what's going on with Eisley or you try to get who ever is on the phone to "Look!" at something you're looking at. You look like a little teenager, tipping your head and playing with your hair, when you talk on the phone. Love it!

You've decided it's the polite thing to do to serenade anyone who comes to visit so while the adults are talking in the living room you're spinning in circles dancing and singing and hamming it up.You love Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (you know most of the words to that one) but for company Let it Go is the best. You sing "Let it go, let it go! Help me find the way..." so it's a little "Let it Go-I am a Child of God" hybrid.
Other favorite songs are "Old McDonald" and "Popcorn Popping." The other night at dinner you started doing "Once There was a Snowman" pretty randomly so they must have taught you that in nursery. You've always loved to sing and it always makes me smile. You also love Sia's "Chandelier," I think because you watch the music video all the time with Brittany. You sing along to that one when it comes on the radio and you always tell me "Ooo, I like dis song!"
When you're being goofy "Happy Birthday" is a favorite. I think you love throwing anyone's name in there and you know it makes me laugh when you say "cha cha cha!" at the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it!

Today, I achieved a great professional achievement. I got my CFRE. It’s a big deal.  Brendon is out of town so I took the girls to get sushi to celebrate. This was our conversation on the way home.  *Passed by a Husband and Wife Law Team billboard Eisley: That dude wears suspenders. I would not call them first. I would call Jonathan first.  Me: I would call Brother Briggs first because he’s a criminal defense lawyer. Jon does HOA law which would not be very useful. Eisley: Ooo yeah. I feel like I’m going to be that kid some day. I’d call Brittany because she has experience, then Bro Briggs.  Me: You’re going to be the one to call to hide a body?  Eisley: Yeah. I’ll probably already be hiding one. I feel like I’m the Brittany, Aspen is Brodie, Kaybree is Dad.  Kaybree: Hmmm, I’m not sure. Aspen—do you like girls? Aspen: What? Kaybree: Just, would you like to marry a girl one day? Aspen: No.  Eisley: If you did, we would love her.  And then we all l...

Tearful moments

In January I cried through my appointments with my oncology doctor and surgeons. The whole idea of having a preventative mastectomy was overwhelming.  I made my peace with it. I made a plan for myself. Work slows down near the end of the year and we get all sorts of holidays so I thought if I could take my time off then, I would be fine. I made it through two whole doctor's appointments with no tears and no fear, because I had a plan, and then today that was messed up. My doctor told me reconstruction could take up to three months--which means I can't do the surgery when I originally planned if I want to get it all done in one calendar year (for insurance purposes). She suggested moving it up to August. That is next month. And if we do the surgery in August that means our family trip we have planned for October--it's a no. Camping trip I planned for September? Probably not. And honestly that all makes me more upset than anything. And suddenly I'm crying again.  I want t...

Memories

Originally written 4/15/26 I volunteered to be a “fun” mom tomorrow and participate in “Whose mom is it?” During primary. There will be four moms with bags on our heads and we will answer questions and the kids will have to guess who it is. Problem is the questions are so hard! I’ll paste them here and practice my answers. What’s your “mom superpower” (besides finding lost things)? I think maybe filling out paperwork? I excel at that.  What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever said as a mom? Probably “no more licking your sister’s feet.” How long can you hide in the bathroom before someone notices? I think 15 minutes before they start wondering where I’m at but a solid hour till they find me. What’s your most-used mom phrase? I don’t know. Maybe “Do it yourself?” Have you ever eaten candy in secret so you didn’t have to share? Of course. ⸻ 🍕 Everyday Mom Life Humor What’s your go-to “I don’t feel like cooking” dinner? Chicken Alfredo. Or beans and rice. What chore do you pr...